- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin (peeled) or puree
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and ½ cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 lime cut into wedges (for squeezing on top of soup)
- Optional toppings: goat or cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, scallions, cilantro, sour cream, etc
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno and pumpkin. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cloves, sea salt, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and black beans. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Take off the heat and place some of the chili in a bowl and top with fresh lime juice and desired toppings. Enjoy!